Registered Respiratory Therapist
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Responsible to Respiratory Care for accurate diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency services. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Associate’s degree in Respiratory Care required or the equivalent college credits accepted by the National Board for Respiratory Care required for registry exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Care preferred.
- Current Ohio license as Respiratory Care Practitioner by Ohio Respiratory Care Board required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certifications are required within six (6) months of hire date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs therapeutic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic procedures.
- Performs emergency procedures.
- Performs charge therapist responsibilities.
- Monitors departmental supplies and inventory.
- Completes required documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.