Registrar Part time Primary 8:30-5p with rotating weekends/holiday
PRIMARY SHIFT 8:30a-5Pwith rotating weekensds/holidays. Other shifts may include 5a-1:30p; 6a-2:30p; 7a-3:30p; 9:30a-6p; 10a-6:30p; 12:30p-9p; 2:30p-11p; 3p-11:30p; 6:30p-3a; 10:30p-7a; 11p-7:30a
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Registration department for the collection of demographic, insurance cards, clinical information and collection of monies for the purpose of registering all types of patients. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Obtains all necessary demographic, insurance, written physician orders and clinical information to registers / pre-register patients for any hospital services.
2. Performs medical necessity screening validation as applicable to Medicare patient testing.
3. Ensures Emergency Room visit of clinical notification to insurance/payer if applicable.
4. Coordinate efforts to obtain pre-authorization prior to service being rendered. Notify Patient Access Manager/Supervisor if obstacles arise.
5. Collects any monies due from patients on the date of service and performs reconciliation process at the end of scheduled shift.
6. Verifies all insurance eligibility prior to elective services (non-emergent) being rendered.
7. Coordinates all bed assignment (Admissions, Transfers & Outpatients placed in bed) based on criteria supplied by Nursing Supervisor.
8. Scans patient documents into Optical Imaging System.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in patient registration, Medical Office preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to correctly spell, file, and type 35 words per minute. A broad knowledge of medical terminology and insurance billing.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 12025