Registrar - Part Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to the Registration department for the collection of demographics, insurance cards, clinical information and collection of monies for the purpose of registering all types of patients. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute required.
- Related experience or training in patient registration, medical office, preferred
- A broad knowledge of medical terminology and insurance billing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Obtains all necessary demographic, insurance, written physician orders and clinical information to registers / pre-register patients for any hospital services.
- Performs medical necessity screening validation as applicable to Medicare patient testing.
- Ensures Emergency Room visit of clinical notification to insurance/payer if applicable.
- Coordinate efforts to obtain pre-authorization prior to service being rendered. Notify Patient Access Manager/Supervisor if obstacles arise.
- Collects any monies due from patients on the date of service and performs reconciliation process at the end of scheduled shift.
- Verifies all insurance eligibility prior to elective services (non-emergent) being rendered.
- Coordinates all bed assignment (Admissions, Transfers & Outpatients placed in bed) based on criteria supplied by Nursing Supervisor.
- Scans patient documents into Optical Imaging System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.