Rehab AideRehab Aide " Nursing Administration " 40 hrs/wk (Days)
Rehab Aide – Nursing Administration – 40 hrs/wk (Days) | Holidays As Needed | Every Other Weekend Required | BLS Required
At Steward, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Working under the direct supervision of a nurse and with oversight from a licensed OTR, PT, COTA, PTA or SLP, Rehab Aides provide routine direct patient care treatment programs, clerical duties, and light housekeeping activities to support the care of patients and the efficiency of the operation. Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team to provide services to patients. Rehab Aides may also conduct individual aide programs that the therapists have established and trained the aides on.
* Direct patient care treatment programs already established by the treating therapist and tolerated by the patient, such as range of motion and exercise programs, ADLs, ambulation, bed mobility, endurance training, carryover of positioning techniques, and carryover of use of assistive devices. Insures these are carried out in accordance with professional guidelines. Maintains the safety of patients who have been identified at risk for injury by implementing safety interventions or using appropriate ambulatory assistive devices.
* Patient objective and subjective responses to treatment is observed and accurately recorded. Any changes are immediately reported to appropriate team member.
* Clerical activities are performed, including recording services rendered to the patient.
* Cleanliness and organization of assigned areas is maintained and routine cleaning of equipment is performed per department guidelines. Complies with hospital infection control policies.
* Light housekeeping activities including changing linen, laundry, and other duties are completed to meet established objectives.
* Documentation to support reimbursement is completed within organizational and regulatory guidelines. * Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
Qualifications and Experience Education/Degree Required:
* Graduate of CNA training program and minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* CPR required
* Bachelor's Degree or enrolled in Allied Health Program preferred.
* Experience in hospital or outpatient setting is desirable.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with English.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Basic skills at establishing interpersonal relationships with patients, families, and staff.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.