Location: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Posted Date: 7/21/2020
Research Coordinator, TEMPORARY-32 HRs/Week, Day Shift
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
Under the direction of the principal investigator coordinates clinical research protocols as well as evaluates research study participants in an office or a hospital setting prior to and following procedures. Assists in monitoring of research study participants.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Performs duties as needed to coordinate clinical research studies/clinical trials to include but not limited to the following:
- Research study participant recruitment, screening and enrollment
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information.
- Organizes and updated files, charts, and records.
- Follow-up in accordance with specific protocols.
- Reports to the principal investigator any deviations of normal operations.
- Reports to the principal investigator any unusual occurrences related to research study participants, staff or equipment.
- Reports immediately any changes in the research study participant’s condition warranting intervention.
- Maintains appropriate communication with study sponsor and referring physicians.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of protocols for Research/Human Subjects Committee (IRB) approval. The scope of the clinical trials includes evaluation of therapy, assessment of effect of treatment, ongoing evaluation and long-term assessment of comprehensive management program, and evaluation of the effects of risk factor modification program.
- Responsible for completion of pertinent data relevant to patient enrollment in clinical research studies/clinical trials and management of data from procedures performed.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable assessment skills while constantly monitoring the patient’s status throughout the duration of the clinical research study/clinical trial.
- Assists the principal investigator in the evaluation, care and follow-up of research study participants.
- Maintains appropriate study participant research records and documentation.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all medical center related, clinical trial related, medical staff related and patient related data and information as per HIPPA standards.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining annual competencies, training, and certifications as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and productively with other members of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 2-3 years experience in a health care setting as a research coordinator or a comparable position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with organization of medical charts preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
- Word-processing and computer data entry experience preferred.
- Typing skills must be a minimum of 30 wpm