Resource Nurse - Nursing Admin - Per Diem
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with clinical care, proactive rounding, flow management and staff mentoring. Assist staff with procedures, policies and care of patients on the inpatient floors.
- To assist in promoting and maintaining quality patient care
- Conducts pro-active rounding on high risk patients, ie: < 24 hrs post ICU transfer, < 24 hrs post-surgical inpatient.
- Assist in teaching nursing staff on procedures, policies and the standard practice of the facility
- Respond to Rapid Responses and Code Blue calls within the inpatient services,
- Resource RN may be assigned a temporary patient assignment in order to facilitate admissions, discharges, transports, meal break coverage, and rapid responses.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Round frequently on the all inpatient units and act as a resource for staff.
- Acts as expert resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
- Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care
- Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking
- Work with staff to improve service excellence
- Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
- Promote patient flow including facilitating discharges and admissions.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Provides handoff to oncoming resource nurse, charge nurse, clinical leader and/or supervisor as appropriate
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Provides nursing care to individuals and groups in alignment with the organization's quality metrics.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates CARES values with co-workers, peers, patients and visitors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Professional and a positive attitude
- Embraces team work and ability to multitask
- Excellent critical thinking skills and organization skills
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of caring and treating patients with complex medical and surgical health care needs
- Strong telemetry skills
- Strong IV insertion and maintenance skills
- Current MA Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse for minimum of 5 years
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification
- BSN required MSN preferred (for external applicants ONLY)
- Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills, and organizational skills, computer knowledge and charge capabilities
- Annual Care of the Aggressive Patient training
- Evidence of individual professional development