Resource Nurse " Nursing Administration " 36 hrs/wk (Nights)
Resource Nurse – 36 hrs/wk (Nights) | Holidays & Every 3rd Weekend Required | Bachelor’s Degree Required | Critical Care Experience Required
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with registered nurse accountabilities within specific assigned units/procedural areas, participating staff education and performance improvement activities. Job accountability may deviate slightly between various units.
• Function in the role of Rapid Response Team and/or Code Blue response team nurse including Behavioral Health Units and Maternity.
• Assist in emergent procedure as skills allow on assigned units.
• Assist staff with procedures, policies, and care of patients on the inpatient floors. Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand.
• The Resource RN in this position shall not assume a patient assignment but may take a temporary patient assignment (such as for imaging and transfers to other units and during rapid responses). The Resource RN may assist RNs with providing care (as distinct from taking the patient assignment) including, for example admissions and discharges.
• Round frequently on assigned inpatient units and act as a resource for staff.
• Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care.
• Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking.
• Work with staff to improve patient experience
• Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Carries phone/pager to facilitate communication.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
• Assists in maintaining quality metrics compliance. RN may be assigned to facilitate admissions and/or discharges transports on assigned units.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to safely manage the Med/Surg Patient population
• Ability to manage chest drains, wounds vacs, A-lines, pacemakers, and titration of intravenous medications.
• Acts as additional resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
• Access & de-access portacaths
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Critical Care Experience Required
Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure in Massachusetts as Reg
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.