Respiratory Therpapist - Temporary – Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Department for following all department and hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Assists in the collection of data for the assessment of physical, psychological and social dimensions of the patient to develop plan of care, implements clinical and technical aspects of care by following physician and nursing orders as written, makes sound judgments and effective decisions relative to patient care, administers medications in a safe effective manner, serves as a patient advocate, and performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
- Associate degree in Respiratory Care required or the equivalent college credits accepted by the National Board for Respiratory Care required for registry exam. â¯
- Current Ohio license as Respiratory Care Practitioner by Ohio Respiratory Care Board required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.â¯
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certifications are required within six (6) months of hire date.â¯
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Care preferred.â¯
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Performs therapeutic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic procedures.
- Performs emergency procedures.
- Performs charge therapist responsibilities.
- Monitors departmental supplies and inventory.
- Completes required documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 128686