Respiratory Therapist - 36 hrs/week- Night Shift
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Registered Respiratory Therapist – $34.03/hr - 50.57/hr based on Collective Bargaining Agreement with 1199 SEIU
Respiratory Therapists function in a physician supervised environment following AARC CPG (where applicable) as well as established departmental standards and practices. Respiratory Therapists provide critical care service to all patient age groups.
*Shift Differentials – Evenings - $2.50, Nights - $5.00, Weekends - $2.45*
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Conducts a clinical patient assessment including but not limited to, cardiac, pulmonary and neurologic status.
- Administers ordered therapy while clinically monitoring patient for outcome, hazards, or complications arising during, or immediately following therapy. Maintains, monitors, measures, and adjusts mechanical ventilators appropriately to assure proper function and to ascertain therapeutic effectiveness.
- Performs routine oxygen, aerosol, and emergent airway management, chest physiotherapy, postural drainage, and/or sputum induction to maintain patient airways (in accordance with AARC CPG).
- Documents patient assessments, therapies delivered, patient monitoring, responses to therapies, and complications within the medical record in accordance with AARC CPG.
- Provides emergency response for cardiopulmonary arrest, respiratory emergencies, hospital disasters and other emergencies as needed. Delivers basic life support maneuvers such as maintenance of a patent airway, external cardiac compression, manual ventilation by way of mouth-to-mouth, bag-valve-mask, and related ventilation techniques. Maintains AHA BLS certification on an annual basis.
- Measures using appropriate available instrumentation, pulmonary function, gas exchange, respiratory rate, tidal and minute ventilation, alveolar-to-arterial PO2 gradient, intrapulmonary shunt fraction, respiratory mechanics (including static and dynamic compliance), pulse rate, blood pressure, arterial blood gases, end-tidal CO2, and pulse oximetry. Calibrates and maintains pulmonary function equipment, and other departmental equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, and departmental standards.
- With appropriate training, the therapist assists in the performance of bronchoscopes, sleep studies, bronchial provocation, and exercise testing for evaluation of hypoxemia and/or desaturation studies.
Education and Requirements: *Will consider applicants with less than one year of respiratory therapy experience. *
- RRT License in respiratory therapy by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required
- Certified in Basic Life Support by the AHA or Red Cross required, Advanced Life Support Certification preferred.
- Must obtain sufficient annual Continuing Education to maintain license.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.