Respiratory Therapist PRN
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is a community health care provider serving patients in Howard County. An acute care hospital with 146 licensed beds, Scenic Mountain is Joint Commission accredited. Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
About the Shift:
Per Diem; 6p-6a
About the Position:
|General Functions: Performs all aspects of the cardiopulmonary services department including diagnostic testing of the cardio-pulmonary system according to policy and procedures under the direction of the Medical Director, Department Director and Supervisor.|
Department/Business Unit Functions:
• Responds to emergency situations
• Maintains competencies to ensure compliance with all regulatory statutes
• Administers medication and treatments in accordance with policies
• Makes rounds to adequately maintain patient’s equipment, therapeutic listings
• Reports identified unusual patient conditions/reactions to immediate supervisor
• Prepares electronic documentation of all work/service rendered and provides written/verbal report to oncoming staff
• Performs quality control on all Cardiopulmonary equipment
• Utilizes resources efficiently and effectively
• Maintains safe environment
• Addresses patient population-specific needs
• Participates in Performance Activities.
Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.