Respiratory Therapist RRT
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under general direction of the shift Charge Therapist, utilizes the application of scientific principles for the identification, prevention, remediation, research, and rehabilitation of acute or chronic cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
1. Licensed to practice Respiratory Care in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (R.R.T.) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care.
3. Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
4. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Cert
5. Minimum of one year of clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
6. Completion of the department's Blood Gas Lab Proficiency program (Sinai only).
7. Minimum of "Proficient" rating on most recent performance evaluation.
Important COVID message
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.