Providing Pulmonary care service in accordance with specific physician’s orders, departmental policies and procedures. Administers respiratory therapy treatments while understanding purpose of each and possible side effects. Sets up and monitors mechanical invasive and noninvasive ventilators. Performs airway management and tracheal suctioning. Performs capillary and arterial punctures to obtain mixed venous or arterial blood gas analysis and can troubleshoot as well as do maintenance on ABG analyzers Performs EKG's. Work independently in all areas of critical care, including NICU.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Successfully passed examination issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Graduate of AMA Respiratory Therapist Program. Registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care with a minimum of CRT with state LRT licensure. Knowledge of critical care in a hospital setting.
- Must maintain current respiratory license issued by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire date
- All other certifications due within 90 days of hire date, i.e., ACLS, PALS
- NRP within first 6 months of employment
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.