Revenue Cycle Associate - REMOTE
National JOC Team member. This candidate will require strong skills in all aspects of revenue cycle. The position entails being able to quickly find root cause issues for escalation to payors. Candidates with Meditech experience are preferred. This position requires the ability to triage, and problem solve to the core of the unpaid net accounts receivable.
This position is responsible for the resolution of outstanding and/or denied claims based on third party claim processing rules within established timelines. The Revenue Cycle Associate reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
- Meets goals and objectives in assigned area;
- Complies daily with departmental policies and procedures;
- Performs collection activity to ensure proper resolution and reimbursement on claims;
- Provides thorough, courteous, and professional assistance to coworkers and patients;
- Ensures that all claims are billed and collected and meet all government mandated policies for Integrity and Compliance;
- Collaborates with hospital departments in the resolution of accounts;
- Resolves claims processing issues with third party payers and provide all required information timely; involves patients and family members (where necessary) to ensure timely resolution of claims with insurance companies;
- Resubmits clean and accurate claims to insurance companies in a timely and compliant manner;
- Researches, prepares, and submits appeals to insurance companies;
- Details all actions taken on account with clear and concise notes;
- Monitors and recognizes denials and/or issues that may be trends and escalate to supervisor as needed; and
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HlPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus;
- Understands payer guidelines related to effective claim resolution;
- Knowledgeable and proficient with payer websites and other useful resources;
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures;
- Highly detail oriented and organized;
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions; and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.