Revenue Cycle Specialist
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Operations Analytics, this position will provide analytical and operational support for revenue cycle operation within the division.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of revenue cycle system support including performance/process improvement, development, documentation, testing, training and upgrades/conversion;
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting responsibilities related to Revenue Operations – including the development and build of reports and dashboards;
- Provides on-site revenue cycle support to Operations Management/Leadership Team for areas of opportunity;
- Assists management in examining existing processes and workflows to help drive improvement;
- Ability to critically review data and identify operational issues and areas of opportunity for process improvement;
- Participates in the planning of education programs and presents specific training as required; including, but not limited to, ongoing training for new hires in revenue cycle and in those areas impacted by revenue cycle;
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops, investigate and analyze information to assess training needs of new and existing employees;
- Conduct training sessions on the applications within specific Steward workflows;
- Provides customer service and troubleshooting relevant application software issues;
- Working on a team with programmers to resolve any technical issues;
- Processing requests for system enhancements or modifications to Steward’s evolving software;
- Work with overseas outsource group to train and transition reporting;
- Development of reporting within business intelligence and visualization tools
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service, leadership and relationship-building skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage varying levels;
- Process/Performance improvement experience a plus;
- Training and system implementation experience preferred;
- Revenue cycle experience highly desired with expertise in either front-end, mid-cycle, or back end revenue operations; and
- Experience with online learning platforms a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience required; healthcare experience preferred.
- Software/Hardware: Proficient in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook; EHR experience required, MEDITECH 6.1 experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 43867