Revenue Management Team Leader - REMOTE
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise in timely and accurate billing and re-billing, follow up on active accounts receivable, and/or the favorable resolution of denials and underpayments. The revenue cycle associate leads reports to the central business office manager and/or director.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments.
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 2 years minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required. Specific XClaim and/or Meditech experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office suite.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124294