Revenue Operations Trainer
The Revenue Cycle Trainer serves as a departmental subject-matter expert in order to provide training and mentoring resources for Revenue Operations staff and leadership.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing, and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments
- Provide subject expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, and modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and, when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan
- Provide ongoing development and training for new AR, billing, and customer service revenue cycle associates
- Work with the Help Desk/IT on any technical issues related to departmental operations
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Provide customer service and troubleshoot AR, billing, and customer service issues
- Assist clinical departments with daily reconciliation of charges
- Conduct training sessions on the applications with specific Steward workflows
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required
- Possess ability to investigate and analyze and, in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward
- Highly detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multitask
- Must be willing to travel 60-75% of the time anywhere within the United States to conduct new customer training.
- Education: Associate’s degree required.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years’ experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Software/Hardware: Cerner and MS Office required; XClaims preferred.