Risk Manager RN
Descripción del trabajo
About the Position:
The risk manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the risk management program, including the identification, evaluation and treatment of risk in the organization. The risk manager develops and manages a systematic process to identify, assess, and treat actual and potential exposures to loss.
Assists the Director of Quality and Safety and Manager of Accreditation/Regulatory Readiness and Patient Safety with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies.
- Manages a risk identification process for the organization’s operations, departments, and services. Educates and assists other managers in assessing their areas of responsibility for exposures to loss and unsafe processes and conditions.
- Maintains a risk management information system. Collects, evaluates, and reports on events, incidents, and claims. Performs statistical analysis and trending of events and claims to pinpoint high risk areas for management attention.
- Reviews and analyzes incident reports, rates by severity and conducts all follow-up as identified from review. Completes trending analysis to identify top priority areas for improvement
- Investigates all serious events. Assists with communication and documentation of errors or serious events in accordance with legal requirements and/or accreditation standards.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with providers, management, and staff to promote open communication and accurate flow of information.
Coordinates risk and safety management orientation and continuing education programs for providers, management, and staff to enhance awareness of their role in patient safety, risk reduction, and event reporting.
- Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
- RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
- BS required, MS or JD preferred