RN, Assistant Nurse Manager, Surgery
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 839 805community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
Delivers advanced professional and technical nursing care to patients with real or potential life-threatening illnesses presenting for care. Collaborates with the medical staff and other disciplines in order to facilitate patient care. Accountable for the smooth, effective and efficient functioning of the unit, with minimal direction from the department head. Supervises and instructs department’s nursing personnel for assigned shift. Ensures that the department’s nursing staff complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital and that age/developmentally appropriate care is given in accordance with unit standards. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Assists and provides input to Director/CNO regarding employment interview, staff performance issues/needs and employee schedules. Due to on-call rotation necessity he/she will be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty, thus this is an hourly position. The specialty classification allows this staff member to work in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (including required licenses/certifications, education and job knowledge/experience):
- Current Florida RN License
- Current BLS Certification and ACLS Certification
- Excellent physical assessment and critical-thinking skills
- Positive affect, demonstrated leadership and time-management skills
- Effective oral communication skills in the English language
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment
- Advance knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias