RN - Cancer Care Center - Medical Oncology
Job Summary: Coordinates age specific care for oncology patients according to the Standards of Patient Care, Nurse Practice Act and Oncology Nursing Society. Provides infusion and blood administration per physician order for oncology and non-oncology patients.
- Accurately completes physical and psychosocial assessment of patients on an on-going basis. Implements nursing process to promote quality care based on assessed needs.
- Consistently plans for continuity of care with other members of the Health care team when planning for care of the patient. Maintains open communication and promotes cooperation with other departments
- Communicates with patient and family regarding care. Educates patients and familes on the disease process, treatment and management of side effects related to treatments.
- Prepares and administers chemotherapy, biological response modifies and intravenous fluids
- Demonstrates clinical competency in Medical, Surgical and Oncology nursing.
- Demonstrates technical competency/skills: IV access, Port A Cath access/PICC line care to include proper sterile technique, Infusion pumps, and appropriate use of IT such as Lantis, CERNER, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates in the clinical education of nursing students and hospital orientees
- Documents in accordance with Sharon Regional standards
- Complies with billing and charge audit requirements to ensure accurate revenue capture
- Infection prevention (hand hygiene and ensures patient rooms and equipment are properly cleaned between patients)
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- OCN Certification (preferred)
- Education: RN/BSN
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ACLS (preferred)
- Background Checks (as required by law)
- 2-3 years Med-Surg or Oncology Experience (preferred)
- Vacation time
- Sick time