RN Cardiac Cath
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Implements the nursing process using a collaborative multidisciplinary approach and age specific knowledge and skills to direct patient care in cardiology
- Uses critical thinking, creativity and effective communication to avoid the development of problems, problem solve when they occur and integrate services across the continuum of care.
- Provides age appropriate patient, family, staff ,student and community education for diagnostic cardiology
- Accurately identifies physiologic, hemodynamic and electrocardiographic changes, interprets correctly and applies nursing interventions or physicians orders appropriately and in a timely manner
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and modifies plan of care appropriately. Provides accurate and concise documentation in the medical record, and communication with the physicians and other caregivers involved.
- Responds safely and effectively to emergencies in the assigned work area including but not limited to the use of CPR, ACLS.
- Prioritizes workload and delegates appropriately to meet patient and department needs in a cost-effective manner. Communicates with the department head when unable to complete workload or if assistance is needed.
- Actively participates in department and health system cost/quality improvement efforts. Offers suggestions for process improvement and communicates customer relations issues. Accurately documents clinical and financial components of care
- Demonstrates and maintains a working knowledge of technical equipment, medications and other interventions. Completes required competencies
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- Required a Minimum of one year critical care or emergency room experience
- BLS, ACLS, & NIHSS( within 6months of hire)
- High School diploma
- Background checks as required by law
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.