RN Cath Lab Days
Responsible and accountable for assisting with cardiac catheterizations as well as vascular procedure, permanent pacemaker insertions and interventions. Perform emergent procedures associated with cardiac caths such as IABP and temporary pacemaker insertions. Responsible for the ongoing hemodynamic monitoring of the patient pre, intra and post procedure. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining arterial lines and administering conscious sedation. Must deliver skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary and other team personnel; acts as a patient advocate and maintains current knowledge and standards of nursing practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing.
- Computer competency beneficial; on the job training is available.
- Minimum of one-year satisfactory experience, preferably in Cardiac Cath Lab or Intensive/Coronary Care Unit, is preferred.
- Current Louisiana license required.
- Current ACLS and BLS is mandatory.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.