RN Cath Lab Holding
CATH LAB HOLDING RN
15K SIGN-ON BONUS FOR RNs with 2 YRs+ CURRENT EXPERIENCE
Prepares patient for procedures to be performed in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Obtains appropriate permit for procedure to be performed, performs pre-op teaching and all other aspects of nursing care necessary to prepare patient for his procedure.
Removes arterial and venous sheaths following procedures utilizing the protocol outlined in the Cath Lab procedure manual. Monitors physiologic parameters and demonstrates knowledge of arrhythmias and patterns of infarction and ischemia. Responsible for discharge instructions to patient and family. Communicates with personnel from the Nursing Units to give a thorough report to provide the best continuum of care for the patient. Is able to assess and intervene quickly in an emergency situation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three to five years medical/surgical nursing to include two to three years of Critical Care Nursing
- Current RN License issued by Texas State Board of Nurses.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- B.S., Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Cardiovascular nursing experience with knowledge of Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology, Cardiac Arrhythmia interpretation and arterial and venous sheath removal
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.