RN Emergency Department - *$15k Sign On Bonus* (Day Shift)
Emergency Department Nurse *15K sign on bonus with minimum 2 years ER experience*
Assesses and provides treatment for infant, child, adolescent, young adult, and elderly patients according to chief complaint and presenting symptoms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triages, assesses, and prioritizes patients upon arrival according to the ESI Level 5 Triage System. (Only nurses with at a minimum of 1 year ED experience, completion of the ESI course, and documented competency in triage will be assigned to triage).
- Performs primary and secondary assessments on patients with traumatic injuries, and initiates immediate nursing care and therapy for patients presenting with cardiac symptoms.
- Assesses and manages patients with rapidly changing and\or life-threatening conditions in accordance with Emergency Care Center guidelines, order sets, and Advanced Cardiac and Pediatric Life Support protocols.
- Manages pain control needs for all patients.
- Provides care and education congruent with age-related needs for the infant, child, adolescent, young adult, and elderly populations.
- Educates patient or caregiver on appropriate home care, including safe and effective use of medications, pain management and comfort, needed referrals and resources, and when to seek further care and follow-up after emergency care.
- Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly.
Service Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and
Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance. Adheres to all Steward Healthcare policies on Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
People Incorporates the patient’s physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs into the plan of care.
Consistently follows patient care, and facility guidelines and procedures in performance.
Directs support personnel in implementing patient’s plan of care, provides supervision and guidance, and evaluates effectiveness of the delegated tasks. Collaborates with inter and intra professional colleagues to ensure quality outcomes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
BLS, ACLS, PALS & TNCC certification required as defined by the certification policy.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Bi or Multilingual.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.