RN Endoscopy - Days
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
- Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and Manager of Surgical Services, directs and/or provides professional peri anesthesia nursing care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to direct or provide nursing care.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory.
- Responsible for monitoring patient’s physiological status in the immediate postoperative environment.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously, and as needed, about patient conditions; receives direction for patient management.
- Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis.
- Provides supervision and guidance to other members of the Pain Management and Endoscopy staff; and maybe authorized, in the absence of the Director of Surgical Services, to make decisions affecting the Pain Management and Endoscopy area
4 -10hr shifts with alternating Wednesday and Fridays.
Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to the requirements of the daily surgical schedule.
1.5x compensation for on-call hours and Stay-Pay.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Active Arizona RN License or able to obtain.
- Prior endoscopy experience ‹‹‹‹‹
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DNV, ASPAN, CMS, and Arizona health record requirements
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer