RN ICU 36 HOURS PR WEEK
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of PA
- High School Diploma – BSN preferred
- Clearances Required by Federal and State Governments
- BLS, ACLS and NIHSS (within 90 days of hire)
- Accurately completes physical and psychosocial assessments of assigned patients. Implements nursing process to promote quality care based on assessed needs. Establishes a care plan by setting realistic goals and outcome criteria in collaboration with the patient, family, and health-care team. Chart documentation is accurate and complete. Provides appropriate care according to patient assessment. Actively participates and is adequately prepared for daily interdisciplinary rounds.
- Demonstrates accountability for technical skills related to the ICU patient. Demonstrates proficiency in delivery of medications per all routes with accurate documentation. Provides expert care for the patient requiring CRRT. Provides expert care when responds to Rapid Assessment team calls. Provides expert care for the patient requiring cardio-respiratory resuscitation. Provides expert care for the patient requiring Therapeutic Hypothermia.
- Consistently communicates with patient/family regarding care. Educates patient/family members on a continuum from admission through discharge planning for home care. Updates family members accurately while maintaining patient confidentiality. Accurately provides discharge instructions.
- Documentation: Accurately documents patient observations as evidenced by: Documents vital signs, weights, I/O and pertinent patient observations. Documents patient assessments, diagnosis, plan of care, interventions, and evaluation of patient response to care. Document’s health education given to patient and significant others that are relevant to plan of care. Evaluates and documents patient responses to interventions and progress towards goals each shift.
- Maintains safe practice for self, other staff members, patients, and families. Maintains universal precautions and practices according to their guidelines. Demonstrates proper attire for patients in isolation and consistently follow guidelines. Demonstrates use of safety devices - floor mats, bed alarms, yellow bands, restraints when indicated base on pt score. Completes yearly competencies. Completes hourly rounding, consistently participates in Bedside Shift Report Conducts Daily safety huddle
- Supports unit cohesiveness by participating in unit activities. Encourages others to participate in unit activities. Participates in one or more hospital/department committees. Precepts new staff members. Attends 50% of staff meetings. Reads and initials meeting minutes monthly. Demonstrates management skills in the coordination and prevision of health care. Performs charge nurse duties as delineated in " Charge Nurse Duties". Regularly discusses patient care assignments with team members to ensure quality care is maintained throughout shift. Assesses levels of skills and resources available to meet the established patient outcomes.
- Delegates tasks and duties appropriately to ancillary staff members. Regularly initiates provision of care by interacting with other services on the healthcare team.
- Maintains requited elements for employment in the ICU, CPR, ACLS, and NIHSS.
- Participates in data collection and unit performance improvement.
- Maintains appropriate environment for the provision of professional patient care. Supports the mission and vision of the Sharon Regional Health System. Adheres to the dress code of the health system. Maintains a quiet, safe, confidential, and supportive environment for patients, families, and staff. Cell phone usage is at a minimum.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Paid Sick time
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.