RN - ICU - Nights
Under the general supervision of the Critical Care Clinical Director and the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit is responsible for professional nursing care delivered to patients experiencing critical illnesses requiring admission to the Unit. The Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit supports the medical care of patients requiring Intensive Care services under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the Hospital.
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR. ACLS within ninety (90)days of hire for staff with previous ICU clinical experience and within twelve (12) months for Nurse (new to the fieldor returning to the profession in ICU)
- Previous clinical nursing experience in Critical Care or minimum of one year Medical Surgical experience preferred and/or completion of Hospital ICU Preceptorship preferred.
- Certification in critical care nursing CCRN preferred.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within ninety (90) day of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled