RN ICU Nights
The Intensive Care RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning and organizing the nursing activities on the ICU unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, and ancillary and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Louisiana Nursing License in good standing
- Previous clinical nursing experience in ICU desired
- BLS within 30 days of hire date
- All other certifications are due within 90 days of hire date, ie. ACLS and PALS
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.