RN ICU Per Diem Nights (I331)
RN Staff Nurse – Emergency Department
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care for a wide variety of patient complaints through the entire age spectrum. The professional RN assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team and follows through to ensure satisfactory outcomes, reporting to either the immediate nursing supervisor or medical personal as appropriate. The RN will document all nursing care, response to therapy, procedures and treatment as per protocol. The RN will demonstrate reliability and excellence whilst providing services to patients and their families taking into account any individual needs their client may have such as spiritual or cultural. Other duties as assigned.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Years of Related Experience
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (within 90 days of hire date)
- Crisis Prevention/Intervention Training Certification (CPI) (within 90 days of hire date)
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.