RN - Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Manager - Full Time MPMC
Come work with us at Mountain Pont Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at MPMC.
Surveillance and Data Analysis:
- Reviews hospital on-going surveillance using appropriate Infection Control (IC) criteria, documentation and investigation of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs).
- Evaluates effectiveness of the Hospital Infection Control Program, modifying when necessary.
- Ensures daily rounding at local hospital to identify procedures and processes associated with risk of infection and implements best practice strategies to reduce risks.
- Reviews and interprets data in support of epidemiological studies of specific problem areas to determine the source of the problem and to make recommendations at the local hospital infection control committee.
- Conducts analysis of the hospital infection control data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Supports and oversees hospital infection control committee meetings to support program progression and compliance with identified strategies to reduce risk from infections.
- Supports and attends hospital committees to ensure performance improvement strategies are consistent with system plans and goals.
- Oversees function of reporting of communicable disease to local and state regulating bodies to ensure compliance at local hospital.
- Works with hospital risk manager to report infection outbreaks to the appropriate regulating bodies.
- Leads quality improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring HAI rates and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Participates in hospital organized performance improvement activities specific to infection reduction strategies.
- Implements task forces to address infection clusters to ensure rapid improvement.
- Supports infection control activities as it relates to other improvement strategies, i.e., immunization programs, hand hygiene, surgical care, pneumonia and sepsis reduction strategies, etc.
- In conjunction with Hospital HR and Education Department(s), plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs for Hospital personnel, including administrative and ancillary staff, to enhance skills, knowledge and awareness of HAIs, avoidance techniques, and preventative measures.
- Conducts regular training sessions to ensure consistent implementation of IC practices at local hospital.
- Works with corporate Infection Control Committee to develop educational materials that are relevant, useful and easily understood by both clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- In consultation with the System Leadership, advises and consults with physicians, nurses and contracte4d personnel concerning precautions for patients, staff and others to prevent infection transmission.
- Serves as a knowledgeable and available resource on IC practices and policies for patients, families and staff.
- Maintains compliance with all standards from CDC, DNV, CMS, DPH, Local Boards of Health, OSHA, etc.
- Assists with licensing/accreditation survey preparation as needed.
- Maintains an updated Infection Control Manual at local hospital that is consistent with system standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties and or projects as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatistics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., MedMined, NHSN, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills
- RN license required
- Must have (CIC) certification or be willing to obtain CIC certification within 2 years of employment.
- Experience in Hospital infection control strongly preferred
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Mountain Point Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.