RN Intensive Care Per Diem days 12 hr shifts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we served to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Seeking Registered Nurses with two or more years of experience to work one shift per week. This position is Per Diem Temporary offering an appealing rate of pay, flexible scheduling and shifts. Shifts consist of twelve or eight hours with days, nights, and evenings available.
- Current PA Nursing License
- 2+ years’ experience
- BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS
- Background Checks as required by Federal and State Law
- Consistently delivers care in a compassionate and respectful manner to patients and significant others during interactions.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial needs of assigned patients each shift and identifies priority patient care nursing diagnoses, collaborations with patient to establish goals/outcomes for episode of service
- Manages care for episodes of service by interacting with Case Management, Social Work, PT, OT to provide an interdisciplinary approach to care
- Delegates specific responsibilities and tasks to members of the patient care team as appropriate and in accordance with scope of practice; retains accountability for outcomes of care delivery
- Responds to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others
- Provides health education to the patients and significant others relevant to plan of care. Preparation for interventions, community services and self-care discharge.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and progress towards goals each shift; revises plan as needed.
- Documents assessment, diagnoses, plan, interventions, and evaluation thoroughly and accurately in the medical record
- Communicates significant findings to physician and other team members as appropriate
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders
- Actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.