RN - Market Float Pool *Premium Pay - Utah
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome
Units Covered in this Float Pool
General Surgery, Medical, Surgical Cardiovascular, Telemetry, Transitional Care Unit, Med/Surg, Rehabilitation, Medical Psychiatry, Orthopedics.
This position requires employees to be available to work shifts at Mountain Point Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
- position requires employees to be available to work shifts at Mountain Point Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
- Must have current Utah State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Must have two or more years RN experience in Med/Surg and Telemetry.
- Must be willing to work all Utah hospitals.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."