RN Med/Surg 4 West Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
- Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Receives assignment of specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, delivery of trays and feeding, skin/hair/mouth care, range of motion and linen changes.
- Completes vital signs accurately, notifies Registered Nurse of vital signs outside designated range
- Respond to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others
- Administrators basic treatments/procedures as delegated by the Registered Nurse such as ice bags, K-pads, and CPMs
- Documents results and completion of assigned responsibilities accurately in the medical record.
- Transports patients to other locations within Health System via appropriate mode as directed by the Registered Nurse
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care
- Responsible for ordering and proper storage of supplies in designated areas
- Updates the whiteboard for caregivers, date and time at the beginning of the shift
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant / Certified Nurse Assistant
- High school diploma
- Background Checks (as required by law)