RN - Nursing Informatics Manager - Full Time - MPMC
Come work with us at Mountain Pont Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at MPMC.
Nursing Informatics Manager
- In collaboration with the Department of Nursing, Steward Information Services (IS), Hospital Information Management Directors, Medical Staff Office, and other ancillary departments, the Nursing Informatics Manager (NIM) will participate in the planning, implementation, and support of all clinical informatics projects at the hospital.
- Reporting directly to the CNO, the primary responsibilities of the NIM will include support for MEDITECH clinical applications (PCS, BMV,PCM, EDM, OM, SUR) and other computer applications supporting patient care.
- In collaboration with the Advanced Clinical Applications Team and the Nursing Informatics Managers at the other Steward Hospitals, the Manager of Nursing Informatics will support the standardization, quality, and optimization of clinical computing within the MEDITECH environment.
- Working collaboratively with clinical staff, the NIM will be responsible for ensuring optimum planning of IS projects and resources and be responsible for defining the training and support needs of clinical personnel in the use of information technology.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of clinical information systems. Identify gaps and opportunities in patient care needs, assist in the development of strategies for meeting these needs, and ensure that all computer systems are fully integrated into the clinical practice of each area utilizing these systems.
- Bring requests for changes in any application to the Advanced Clinical Applications Team. Assist in the build, testing and implementation of these change requests. Communicate any changes in Advanced Clinical Applications to the end users.
- Function as an integral member of both the Nursing Leadership team and Frontline Leadership to elicit the full cooperation of managers accountable for clinical documentation, medication administration, electronic reporting, and other aspects of clinical computing.
- Function as an integral member of the facility policy committees to ensure that existing policies reflect any changes in practice or procedures as a result of implementation of the electronic record. Assist in writing new policies and procedures that support the use of Advanced Clinical in all aspects of patient care.
- Provide oversight and support for the overall planning, development, and implementation of new IS projects that support the delivery of care.
- Assist in the development of budget and staffing recommendations around new IS projects and coordinate clinical information needs with the IS Health System Account Managers and IS Project Managers.
- Work with the Steward IS Team to develop computer training programs that incorporate computer literacy outcomes for all Directors, Nurse Managers, Staff Nurses, and Administrative Assistants, and make recommendations regarding staffing needs in relation to the implementation of new systems and programs.
- In support of the MEDITECH Advanced Clinicals Projects:
- Provide guidance to the ACS project team in development of best practices and project impacts from a nursing perspective
- Assist in testing of applications
- Interact with CNOs on ACS project status progress, and nursing-related issues and concerns
- Work with hospital Nurse Managers and ACS Core and site teams on current and future state workflow processes, training and support
- Provide support to other Steward Facilities with respect to the ACS project.
- Work with the Advanced Clinicals Team and NIMs from other Steward facilities to achieve and maintain standardization of all aspects of the Advanced Clinical Applications across all Steward facilities.
- Provide ongoing support to end users. Work with OM trainer/specialist to provide ongoing support to LIPs.
- Provide oversight and support to ancillary enterprise groups by attending their meetings as needed.
- Provide oversight and Meditech support to other departments within the facility.
- Respond to and participate in Crisis Calls initiated by the Steward IS team to resolve Meditech issues. Provide clinical insight to the Steward IS team as to how an issue could impact the end users and patient care. Assist the HSAM to communicate issues to the facility leadership and end users.
- Provide support to the facility during system downtimes. Monitor the updating and accuracy of downtime reports.
- Some travel to other Steward facilities is required.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing minimum
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum 1 year experience in Nursing units
- Certification/Licensure: Active Registered Nurse License
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office Products
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and written.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Mountain Point Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female / Veterans/Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.