RN Psych Intake ER Department FT Days
Why work for Southwest General Hospital? Because…
- Patient safety and quality care are at the forefront of all we do!
- We care about you and your career!
- We’re not just your next job, we’re your 2nd family!
- Our work culture is second to none!
- Our Leadership team is dedicated to offering the best support for our employees!
Do we have your attention yet? Below are some highlights about our ER department.
- Wide variety of critical care experiences.
- Expert and comprehensive orientation program with dedicated ER educator.
- Teaching and learning environment.
- Teamwork orientated staff that support each other.
- Exciting new innovations in critical care and expanding best practice service lines.
If this aligns with your career goals, and patient care is of upmost importance to you, please read our position summary.
APPLY and join our SWG Hospital family TODAY!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Emergency Services of and the Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse, is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients presenting to the Emergency Department. The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department supports the medical care of all patients presenting to the Emergency Department under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the Hospital.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in Emergency Department nursing preferred with at least one year of experience on a Medical-Surgical Nursing Unit desired; Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) a plus.
- Current BLS
- ACLS, PALS, & COAP within ninety (90) days from hire.
- TNCC (required within 90 days for experienced ER RN and 6 months for a RN new to the ER field)