RN - Registered Nurse - NICU - Full Time - Nights - Bonus
Delivers advanced professional and technical nursing care to neonates admitted to NICU with real and potential life-threatening prematurity and/or illness. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Nursing care delivered complies with the objective and policies of the hospital utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Prepares equipment and assist physician during treatment and examination of patients. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with the unit specific standards. Nurses are required to float within the floating cluster for NICU (Peds, Nursery) after six months of experience in NICU. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Twelve weeks on the job training.
- Accredited nursing school. No nursing experience required.
- Ability to meet all orientation requirements.
- Ability to perform in fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Current FL RN License
- Current BLS card
- Current NRP card within 3 months if new to area
- Current S.T.A.B.L.E. card within 3 months if new to area
- Current PALS card within 6 months if new to area
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".