RN, Registered Nurse, Step Down
$10,000 Sign on bonus
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
The delivery of quality care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation/re-assessment. The provision of direct and indirect patient care in the Medical/Surgical, Telemetry or Step Down Unit. Communicates with physicians about changes in the patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activites.
- One (1) year acute care experience preferred
- Successful completion of Telemetry course/or experience in telemetry preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Current State (FL) Registered Nurse Licensure.
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certifications