RN Scheduled Market Float Pool
This position requires employees to be available to work shifts at three of the following Steward Health Care locations: Coral Gables Hospital, Florida Medical Center, Hialeah Hospital, North Shore Medical Center, Palmetto General Hospital.
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence-based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome
Units Covered in Market Float Pool
General Surgery, Medical, Surgical Cardiovascular, Telemetry, Transitional Care Unit, Med/Surg, Orthopedics.
· Must have current BLS & ACLS
· Must have at least 2 years acute care hospital Telemetry RN experience.
· Teamwork and a high degree of professionalism are two of our key core values.
· Pool nurses provide direct patient care; supervise non-licensed personnel as assigned in the acute care setting.
· Communicates with physicians/director/clinical coordinators/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
· Can respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
· Additionally, can perform nursing duties in assigned department.
· Bilingual English/Spanish communications skills are an asset.
· Experience in orientation or RN new grads, lesser experience nurses; and newly hired nurses is a definite plus.
· Experience and expertise with computer charting.
· Current FL RN license or able to obtain.
· A.D.N. minimum requirement, BSN preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabled, Veterans