RN Trauma Coordinator M-F 8a-5p
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is a community health care provider serving patients in Howard County. An acute care hospital with 146 licensed beds, Scenic Mountain is Joint Commission accredited. Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
About the Shift:
Full Time Days, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
About the Position:
Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians regarding changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. The Trauma Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the clinical, educational, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of all components of the Trauma Services Program.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with one-year registered nurse experience within the last 48 months and 18 months of acute/critical care experience preferred. Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
- Current BCLS Certification. Current ACLS Certification. PALS within six (6) months of hire.
- Current TNCC. Current ENPC
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Able to interpret basic ECG tracings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled