RN V, FT (4'10s)- Day Surgery
Department: Outpatient (Day Surgery)
Shift: Full Time, Day Shift
Pre & Post-Op assessment of all age groups infants through geriatrics. Prior to discharge gives post-op instructions as applicable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and assembles patient assessment data from multiple sources, prior to and in preparation for scheduled operative procedures. This includes but may not be limited to, consent forms, laboratory results, diagnostic testing results, and required medical records.
- Verifies the contact information on the patient information card located on the front of the chart.
- Provides patient updates with hourly rounding.
- Provides pre and post-op teaching to all age groups (pediatric through geriatric).
- Manages patient during all stages of Conscious Sedation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED