RN Visa Sponsorship for Qualified & Experienced RN applicants
RN Visa Sponsorship for Qualified and experienced International RN applicants
Welcome to St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC), Houston’s first and only downtown hospital. We have over 500 board certified physicians on our medical staff and more than 1,500 highly skilled and dedicated employees who stand ready to provide compassionate healthcare to the communities we serve.
Whether it’s for a scheduled surgery, the birth of a baby, an unexpected emergency, or an outpatient visit, we have staff available around the clock to provide you access to immediate, quality healthcare. SJMC has been providing healthcare services to Greater Houston residents for over 130 years, which should give you great comfort in knowing that we have a great tradition of caring for our community. We strive to meet our patients’ expectations and encourage our patients to provide us with feedback on how we can help them have the best experience possible while they’re in our care.
Over the years we have expanded our services to include the Advanced Wound Care Center, the Center for Behavioral Health, Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular Services, the Women’s Center for Breast Care, the St. Joseph Maternal Fetal Medicine Center, and a Weight Loss Surgery Program, just to name a few. As you work with our physicians, nurses, case managers, educators, and other staff, you will be guided through your healthcare journey, from diagnosis to treatment, with compassion every step of the way.
St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) is a general acute care hospital in Houston, Texas owned by Steward Health Care. Established in June 1887, SJMC is recognized as the first hospital in Houston. The hospital was the largest in the city until the Texas Medical Center was established. The hospital has a capacity of 792 beds.
We are seeking Experienced International Registered Nurses, with a minimum of two (2) years and current experience working in an acute care facility in the following areas:
1. Emergency Services
2. Intensive Care
2. Labor & Delivery
3. Postpartum (Family Birth Center)
4. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
5. Behavioral Medicine (IPU, PICU, Medi-Psych, APU & Intake)
6. Operating Room
8. Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
9. Day Surgery
10. Medical Surgical/Telemetry & the CV Step Down Unit
11, Cath Lab
12. Oncology Services
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH APPLICATION
As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
- Visa Screen Certificate from CGFNS.
- Successfully passed the NCLEX-RN exam in the state of Texas and/or eligible to apply for a reciprocity of license in the state of Texas.
- Successfully passed the IELTS Academic Score of: 7 in Speaking / 6.5 Overall (OR) TOEFL Academic Score of: 26 in Speaking / 89 Overall, (OR) Exempt by CGFNS Visa Screen Certificate to be considered for a Visa Sponsorship
- Graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in country of origin.
- Practiced as an RN for a minimum of 2-3 years in an acute care facility
- Effective Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Basic Computer Skills
*Exemptions: You may be exempt from taking one of the exams above if you meet the three (3) criteria below:
1. The country where you went to nursing school was the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada (except Quebec), or the Republic of Ireland.
2. The spoken language of your nursing school was English.
3. Your nursing school textbooks were written in English.
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued.