Location: St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted Date: 2/18/2021
RN Visa Sponsorship for Qualified and experienced International RN applicants
We are seeking Experienced International Registered Nurses, with a minimum of two (2) years and current experience working in an acute care facility in LABOR & DELIVERY.
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
Welcome to St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC), Houston’s first and only downtown hospital. We have over 500 board certified physicians on our medical staff and more than 1,500 highly skilled and dedicated employees who stand ready to provide compassionate healthcare to the communities we serve.
Whether it’s for a scheduled surgery, the birth of a baby, an unexpected emergency, or an outpatient visit, we have staff available around the clock to provide you access to immediate, quality healthcare. SJMC has been providing healthcare services to Greater Houston residents for over 130 years, which should give you great comfort in knowing that we have a great tradition of caring for our community. We strive to meet our patients’ expectations and encourage our patients to provide us with feedback on how we can help them have the best experience possible while they’re in our care.
St. Joseph Women’s Center was the first obstetrical hospital in Houston, delivering one in every three Houstonians. Today, we carry on that tradition of quality care for mothers and their babies, delivering over 4,000 newborns each year. At St. Joseph Women's Center we view each new life as a miracle to celebrate, and our experienced team of doctors, nurses and other professionals are dedicated to helping your baby get the best possible start.
St. Joseph Medical Center is proud to receive the following Healthgrades Awards for 2020:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020). These awards ranked St. Joseph Women's Center in the top 10% in the nation among the participating hospitals for the 3rd year in a row! At SJMC, you’ll find comprehensive care for you and your baby all under one roof, The birth of your child is one of the most memorable moments of your life, that’s why our five-star rating makes SJMC the best choice for all your maternity needs.
Labor, Delivery and Recovery
Or the birth of your baby, we’ve prepared a private, spacious, Labor, Delivery and Recovery (LDR) suite. With an adjustable bed and reclining sleeper for your coach, our suites are designed to increase your comfort during labor. Each suite is also fully equipped to help ensure a safe delivery and outstanding medical care for the first hours of your baby’s life. If you require a Cesarean section, we also have a 5-bed surgical suite dedicated to women’s services, so you will be able to deliver your baby in an operating room located right in our maternity unit.
Signature Maternity Services - For patients and families that would like to enhance their stay with additional amenities, we offer an upgraded VIP Suite Package.
Our Labor and Delivery is a 12 bed unit on the second floor of the Women’s Building. This unit provides comprehensive care of the pregnant patient and accepts admits from the ER, direct admits, Women and Children’s Clinic, EMS and walk-in’s. We care for patients that are preterm and term. Labor and Delivery assists with vaginal or cesarean deliveries, tubals, cerclages, versions, and any pregnancy related condition requiring treatment. Some conditions that may be treated on this unit are PIH, gestational diabetes, preterm labor, and obstetrical emergencies. Labor and Delivery currently staffs at a 1:1 to 1:2 patient ratio depending on acuity. Triage is also housed on Labor and Delivery. This is the area where patients are monitored, and it is determined if they will be admitted to the hospital or discharged home.
Over the years we have expanded our services to include the Advanced Wound Care Center, the Center for Behavioral Health, Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular Services, the Women’s Center for Breast Care, the St. Joseph Maternal Fetal Medicine Center, and a Weight Loss Surgery Program, just to name a few. As you work with our physicians, nurses, case managers, educators, and other staff, you will be guided through your healthcare journey, from diagnosis to treatment, with compassion every step of the way.
St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) is a general acute care hospital in Houston, Texas owned by Steward Health Care. Established in June 1887, SJMC is recognized as the first hospital in Houston. The hospital was the largest in the city until the Texas Medical Center was established. The hospital has a capacity of 792 beds.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH APPLICATION
- Visa Screen Certificate from CGFNS.
- Successfully passed the NCLEX-RN exam in the state of Texas and/or eligible to apply for a reciprocity of license in the state of Texas.
- Successfully passed the IELTS Academic Score of: 7 in Speaking / 6.5 Overall (OR) TOEFL Academic Score of: 26 in Speaking / 89 Overall, (OR) Exempt by CGFNS Visa Screen Certificate to be considered for a Visa Sponsorship
- Graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in country of origin.
- Practiced as an RN for a minimum of 2-3 years in an acute care facility
- Effective Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Basic Computer Skills
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.