Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical, surgical and terminally ill patients.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concisedocumentation.
- Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult population.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to
- Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED