Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 8/5/2020
|To schedule all outpatient appointments in the hospital computer system, either MSM or Meditech for all Medical Center Customers. This will be done in a timely manner and with the goal of 100% customer satisfaction. Assist in booking patients from newborn to geriatrics.|
|Key Reponsibilities: |
- Schedule accurately all outpatients appointments in the hospital computer system at the request of the physician’s office or Nursing unit or patient or other Department by phone, fax or “F” drive.
- Collect all necessary information to book an outpatient appointment in the hospital computer system.
- Accurately enter all patient's demographic and insurance data into the hospital computer system.
- Accurately book the appropriate procedure in the appropriate location for the appropriate date and time.
- Indicate any special need that the patient may have.
- Keep track of cancellations
- Use good judgment at all times.
- Spell with accuracy 100% of the time.
- Provide patient and or physician’s offices with all the information necessary for tests/procedures.
- Print confirmation letters for patients in a timely manner.
- Insure that patients and physician’s offices have access to the necessary preps and/or instructions sheets.
- Assist patients if they need to reschedule an appointment.
- Offer payment alternatives ( free care, grant services) and refer patient to financial counseling if patient has no insurance.
- Flag procedures that need insurance precertification for physician’s offices.
- Be mindful that the customer deserves complete satisfaction in all dealings with the Medical center
- Answers the telephone promptly.
- Make every effort to accommodate the patient and physician when scheduling appointments.
- Explain to patients and physician’s offices any special instruction or warning that may be involved in a procedure.
- Work as part of the scheduling team to improve services to the other hospital departments and physician’s offices.
- Keep your voice at a low to moderate level, always mindful of confidentiality.
- Consistently maintains work schedule and attendance requirements as stated in the Medical Center's policies
- Reports to work on time and/or is ready to report at change of shift as documented by time card and lead’s observance.
- Observes proper time limits for lunch and breaks.
- Request time off i.e.: vacation time, personal time and floating holidays in a timely manner from the manager, so adequate coverage may be planned based on departmental policy.
- Works to achieve the overall goals at the Medical Center.
- Promotes a good image of the Medical Center through contacts with patients, doctors, and the public.
- Contributes to the benefit of the Medical Center by developing new methods and procedures which may lead to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Demonstrates awareness of and responds to customer needs in a continuing effort to improve quality of service.
- Displays willingness and flexibility in learning new functions and achieving integration and teamwork necessary to compete in the healthcare environment.
- Creates a friendly, caring environment for patients, families, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Demonstrates a caring attitude by responding quickly to the needs of others.
- Takes time to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be a team player and work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to deliver the most efficient services and resolve problems.
- Go the extra mile and accept special assignments/additional duties.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
Three to five years in Patient Registration, Hospital billing or other hospital experience.
Strong computer skills.
|High school diploma required|
|Three to five years in Patient Registration, Hospital billing or other hospital experience.|
|Strong computer skills. Meditech preferred.|