Scheduling Specialist Radiology - FT
Job Summary: Acts as receptionist to outpatients and physicians coming into the department. Performs administrative duties such as typing forms, filing, logging daily patient work, mailing of reports and disposition of films when required by physicians or insurance companies. Assists in transporting patients by wheelchair or gurney to and from the Imaging Services Department, as requested. Greets outpatients, sets up their appointments and gives patients the proper outpatient examination “prep forms” Enters appropriate exam into computer system. Responsible for all incoming phone calls from patients, physicians, physician offices and other departments. Participates in P.I. activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in medical office work preferred.
- Prior Diagnostic Imaging experience helpful.
- Basic computer skills required; experience with medical office scheduling software preferred.
- Must have the ability to carry on many functions in an organized manner at the same time, i.e., answer phones, schedule exams, give verbal reports, create necessary paperwork.
- Must be able to understand written and oral instructions pertaining to scheduling and physician requests.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology preferred