About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The Scheduling Coordinator summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating practice inquiries, scheduling appointments, answers telephone, greets patients, and prepares patient charts for new and existing patients, performing reception duties to maintain correct patient information, performing patient discharge duties to include collection of co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles from current or previous visits, accepts and pre-registers patient reservations from physician’s offices for outpatient procedures, surgeries, etc., and assists with the insurance verification and treatment authorization processes.
- Identifies potential previous patient history before processing data.
- Prepare charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients. Pull charts and review for messages.
- Verifies patient billing information to include: Responsible party, current address, telephone number, insurance carrier, etc. Copies insurance cards completely.
- Generates/prepares charge tickets for patients scheduled or added on.
- Files all patient related information accurately and timely.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Collect co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, etc. or past due balances.
- Balances cash received at the end of each day and reports as directed. Checks, summarizes, and totals all charge tickets at end of each day. Posts charges and payments on the day of service as time permits. Puts patient sign in sheet and charge tickets into an envelope and takes to Billing/Collections clerk for processing.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Take messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Enters information into computer system using established criteria.
- Initiates appropriate levels of communication with patients and physicians’ offices to obtain missing details on patient accounts.
- Calls/Faxes designated pre-certification or prior authorization number to obtain authorization for payment of services rendered.
- Initiates phone calls with insurance companies to acquire authorizations.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience as a scheduler in a medical office preferred
- Must be highly computer-literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Must be willing to float to other locations as needed
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130029