Security Officer - PRN - JVW
Security Officer II
Under the general direction of the Associate Administrator, Emergency Manager and Lead Security Officer, the FSED Security Officer protects life and property of all persons on hospital premises and patrols hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism. Secures, unlocks and protects hospital buildings. Responds to security needs of the hospital personnel, patients, and visitors. Participates in performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to five (1-5) years experience in the field of law enforcement and/or security management; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- CPI and COAP Certifications required within first Ninety (90) days of hire.
- The ability to obtain armed security guard licensure within 90 days of hire.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification.
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female / Veterans/Disabled