Under the general direction of the Security Manager, the Security Officer protects life and property of all persons on hospital premises and patrols hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism. Secures, unlocks, and protects hospital buildings. Responds to security needs of the hospital personnel, patients, and visitors. Participates in performance improvement activities.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to perform duties independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
- Ability to display mental and emotional stamina in situations involving death, multiple patients, family members, etc.
- Ability to be honest, alert, and well-disciplined.
- Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Participate in performance improvement activities
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience (Type & Length): Two to five (2-5) years of experience in the field of law enforcement, security management, or a related field is required. Experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: A current Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Provider certification or a CPI certification is preferred.
Other: Use or possession of a firearm and/or other weapons is prohibited.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 130524