Security Screener - 24hrs/Evenings
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Security, the Screener will provide an active security presence in hospital lobby areas while greeting hospital patients, visitors, vendors; asking appropriate screening questions; enforcing DPH and hospital guidelines; and managing patient visitation and logs.
- Receives and screens visitors in hospital reception/lobby areas by asking them questions based on CDC guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Provides feedback to patients, visitors, and staff while escalating appropriately if they screen yeson any of the screening questions.
- Explains and enforces hospital health guidelines by wearing proper PPE and enforcing social distancing
- Directs visitors to appropriate locations and assists in maintaining visitor log when needed (e.g., holidays, night hours, etc.)
- Maintains the hospital’s identification/visitor policies by issuing contractor/vendor/visitor/patient passes
- Calls department and verifies approval for visitation as required
- Screens and routes deliveries to patients and staff
- Ensures that all patients/visitors/vendors are wearing a proper mask and adhering to hospital visitor guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with information desk and COVID clinic personnel, including rotating lunch break coverage for other screener/greeter team members as needed
- Assists with the sanitization of wheelchairs and other high touch areas.
- Assists with visitor control, screens and escorts visitors after hours and on holidays when required.
- Communicate with compassion and respect when engaging patients, visitors, and staff as they enter the building.
- Follows all hospital policies related to infection control, hand hygiene, and safety.
- Be able to remain standing for long periods of time
- Be able to use a 2 way
- Customer service experience helpful
- Ability to work effectively while maintaining a composed, professional demeanor as the hospital/department’s initial representative
- Positive interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adheres to and respects confidentiality of all protected patient and employee information. Adheres to all policies related to confidentiality of protected information commensurate with HIPAA regulations
- Ability to problem-solve using creative and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize based on shifting demands
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as warranted and appropriate
- Ability to multi-task, handle interruptions and work effectively in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Must be available to work regular shift on holidays
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.