Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: The Senior Accountant is a member of the accounting team and will work among a team of other accountants. This position reports to the Controller of the AZ business lines. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements, while adhering to internal control procedures. The Sr. Accountant also provides support during audits, the quarterly and annual financial statement filings, and assists the Controller in ad-hoc projects for Steward Health Care Arizona and Generations.
- Gathers and compiles necessary data to use in the preparation of monthly revenue, cash, medical expense, etc. journal entries, with proper back up, for posting to general ledger
- Verifies that all journal entries are completed on time and uploaded to the general ledger properly
- Develop and/or demonstrate a progressing understanding of insurance accounting on both a statutory and GAAP accounting basis
- Demonstrate flexibility in helping other Accountants in order to meet accounting group deadlines
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and distributes to internal management
- Prepares quarterly and annual AHCCCS financial reporting package
- Work on other ad hoc reporting/projects at the request of the Controller
- Process Check Runs for applicable line of business on their assigned day each week
- Perform monthly CMS membership and payment reconciliations
- Conducts daily monitoring of provider EFT payments
- Coordinates with Network Services for issues with EFT’s or checks being returned
- Retrieve and present supporting documentation for audit requests
- Take ownership and responsibility of own work and is able to work in a deadline environment. Keep Controller informed of any roadblocks or other obstacles as they arise
- Maintains outstanding check lists and researches any reconciling items
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts and clear any reconciling items before the close of the following month
- Assist the FP&A team with admin expense budget variance analysis and annual budget process when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Work Related Experience:
Position located in Phoenix, Arizona