Senior Analyst Professional Services
The Senior Analyst will support the Corporate Pharmacy and Lab team’s efforts though the collection, analysis, and presentation of health system data. They will take part in identification of opportunities for standardization and cost reduction. They will be a key member of the corporate Pharmacy and Lab Services team supporting departmental cost savings, growth, and standardization efforts across the health system. They are responsible for managing the production and distribution of both standing monthly/weekly reports and ad-hoc reports that are assigned. Other duties as assigned by Corporate and Regional Pharmacy service line leaders.
- Collect and compile data, create accurate reports, develop meaningful presentations of findings
- Review data for accuracy and completeness
- Manage various sources of information and large data sets/feeds
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customers and external vendors, including individuals in other departments (e.g. clinicians, finance, etc.)
- Assists in the identification of opportunities for standardization and cost reduction via analyzing purchase history, industry benchmarks, and utilization information
- Interviews users, clinicians and peers to identify possible standardizations and cost reduction opportunities.
- Benchmarks practices and utilization against others to identify improvement opportunities.
- Manage various projects from start to finish with minimal assistance; meet agreed upon deadlines
- Measures and tracks the financial results of standardization and cost-reduction efforts.
- Contributes to annual budgeting process through helping to collate data and populate budget tools
- Responds to inquiries from facilities, corporate and vendors.
- Assist team with meetings; including schedules, minutes, agendas, action item lists, and follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to track assignments and follow through to completion with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Knowledgeable about products, equipment and services used in hospital pharmacy setting: what is available, what is needed, how they are used, who uses them and why they are used
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with medical/pharmacy terminology and concepts (e.g. drug names, disease states, types of drug delivery systems, etc.), or a desire to learn
- Consistently strives to promote great customer service in all aspects of the job
- Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule, yet be flexible enough to work off-hours to meet deadlines and accommodate alternate time zones
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- BA/BS required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum Experience:
- 2-4 years' professional experience working in data analytics required with Bachelor's degree;
- 0-2 years' professional experience working in data analytics required with advanced degree;
- Preferred Experience in healthcare or as Pharmacy/Lab Analyst or Consultant
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Advanced to expert level skills with the following software: Microsoft Office required (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point). Preferred experience in SQL Server, Tableau, Qlik Sense, PowerBI
- Familiarity with EMR systems (e.g. Meditech) preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 121306